The following contains instructions on how to flash the ECU on your Alfa Romeo Giulia/Stelvio using our EURO+DRIVE tuning handheld.
Vehicle Application for these Instructions:
- Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L (MM10JA)
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0L (MM10JA)
- Familiarize yourself with the instructions before starting.
- Activate your account on the EURO+DRIVE Online Portal. This is where you will upload your ECU files and receive tune files. After purchase, someone from the Tuning Department will set up your account on the portal using the email you provided at the time of purchase. You will receive a first time login notification at this email address. Simply open this email, click the link, and setup your account.
- Make sure you have downloaded the EURO+DRIVE Manager application for PC. This can be found in the instructions folder on the Online Portal, which you have access to. You will need this application to connect your handheld to your computer, and download/upload files to and from the handheld. (This application is only compatible with PC devices).
- Things you may need: OBDII connection cable, EURO+DRIVE handheld, and USB to handheld cable (all provided in package).
- Once you have received your handheld, and also have installed the EURO+DRIVE manager, connect the handheld to your PC, and open the manager software. The handheld will automatically update.
- Once the updating is complete, you are ready to disconnect and go out to your vehicle.
-Connect the provided OBDII cable to your handheld. Ensure you have a solid connection. Then connect the cable to your OBDII port within the vehicle.
-Once the EURO+DRIVE screen is powered up, select the tuning button.
-Select your brand (ALFA ROMEO)
- Select your model:
- For 200HP models, select "GIULIA"
- For 280HP models, select "GIULIA Q4"
- For 200HP / 280HP Stelvio models, select "STELVIO Q4"
After your model is selected, now select your appropriate power output and ECU selection.
- Follow the prompts. Turn on the ignition power, and select OK.
- EURO+DRIVE will ask if you would like to begin reading the ECU. Select "YES" and continue.
- EURO+DRIVE will begin reading the ECU file.
- Once the read is complete, turn the ignition off as instructed. Select OK, and once at the main menu, disconnect from your vehicle.
- Take your handheld and connect to your computer or PC device. Open the EURO+DRIVE manager.
- Once connected, select "DOWNLOAD DATA" from the manager menu on the left hand side.
- Select the "START" button to begin downloading your ECU read file from the handheld.
- Once the file download is complete, select the folder location on your computer where you would like to save the file (some place you will remember). The file should be titled similar to what you see below. This will help us in file identification.
- After the file is saved, open your web browser and go to the EURO+DRIVE Online Portal. Login to your account.
- Once logged in, use the upload button (+) to upload your file. Once uploaded we will receive a notification for the file upload, and begin creating your tune files. Please allow for 24-72 business hours to receive your tune files back, depending on our current volume of customers.
To speed up this process, please ensure you are also uploading your tune request forms at the same time with all modifications listed, and any requested add ons you may have purchased with your system.
- Once your tune files have been uploaded, you will receive an email notification from the online portal. Download the tune file from the portal to your computer.
- The tune file format is a.USR file. This is a single zip file, but will contain all tune files and your Original file (needed to flash back to stock). These will display on the handheld screen when you go to flash the car. Only this one file needs to be loaded to the handheld in order for you to flash your ECU. The title will appear similar to what you see below.
- Plug your handheld into the computer, open the EURO+DRIVE manager, and once connected to the handheld select "UPLOAD DATA" from the manager menu on the left.
- Select the "START" button, and select the tune file you downloaded from the portal.
- Once the tune file is loaded to the handheld, you may now proceed to your vehicle and connect to the OBDII port. Once the main menu appears, select "TUNING".
- The EURO+DRIVE will ask if you are ready to write the file. Select "YES"
- The EURO+DRIVE will not display all tune files stored on the device. Select the map you would like to flash to your ECU, and press the RIGHT arrow to proceed.
The original file stored in the handheld is the stock file from your vehicle. In order to flash back to stock, follow this same process but select ORIGINAL from the list.
- Turn on the ignition power, and press OK to continue.
- The tune file will now begin writing to the ECU. DO NOT disconnect the handheld for any reason.
- During the writing process, it is normal to see error messages on the dash or instrument cluster during the file transfer. These will not remain once the process is complete.
Once the write process completes, you will see this message. Press OK.
Start your engine and press OK.
Wait for the engine to warm to 70 degrees Celcius.
Once the engine warms up, you will see the screen below. This is the rev process for the phonic wheel sync. Please follow these instructions carefully.
After you press OK, a loading progress bar will appear. The handheld mentions (3) revs, however you will continue revving until the flashing CEL on the dash has disappeared. Typically this takes (4-5) attempts, but could take more depending on how you perform this procedure.
Eventually the progress bar will disappear and you will receive a "Turn Ignition OFF" prompt. Do not continue with this prompt and press OK until you have eliminated the flashing Check Engine Light. You can rev as many times as necessary until this light stops flashing.
Once the light disappears, you are then free to turn off the ignition and push OK to continue.
When you see the screen below, press OK, and prepare to perform the rev procedure highlighted above.
When you see the screen below, you will begin performing the revs. Continue to rev to redline until the flashing CEL on the dash has disappeared. You can rev as many times as necessary.
After a few minutes, the handheld will prompt you to turn the ignition off and press OK (see below).
Do not proceed with this prompt if the CEL is still flashing on the dash. If the CEL is still flashing, continue performing the rev process until it has disappeared. Then you can proceed.
The write process is complete. Turn the ignition off, and press OK. Then you can disconnect the EURO+DRIVE from the OBDII port.
The EURO+DRIVE handheld is capable of reading, interpreting, and clearing CELs and DTC codes from your vehicle. If you have a check engine light, the handheld can be used to read and clear the code.
To do this, follow the procedure below:
Plug the handheld into the OBDII port, turn on the ignition.
From the Main Menu, select "DIAGNOSIS":
Then select "MY VEHICLE":
Then select "DTC Codes":
If you have already associated the handheld with your vehicle, you will go straight into communication with the ECU. Simply follow the prompts to read and clear the codes.
If you have not already connected to the vehicle before, you will simply need to select your make and model of car. Then proceed with the prompts.