RETURNS AND WARRANTY RESTRICTIONS:
- Merchandise must be return with original packaging, and original contents.
- Special Order items can NOT be canceled, exchanged or returned.
- Returns that are found to be defective, all prior shipping costs,insurance costs, are absolutely non-refundable.
- If you want the item returned, you must pay all return shipping and handling charges.
- Absolutely NO returns on electrical items.
- If a suitable replacement cannot be made within 15 business days, your money will be refunded less shipping costs.
- Any non-defective Return items will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
- Any non-defective items cannot be returned after 10 days of receiving item(s)
- Installed items if not defective are non-returnable.
- We ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for typographical ERRORS.
- We are not responsible for installation, either fiscally or physically.
- Limited/Non-Transferrable Life-time Warranty for all EUROCOMPULSION® SILICONE
- Items listed as SPECIAL ORDERS cannot be canceled, Period. They may have an extended delivery time due to a known low availability or are not an in stock item due to pricing structure.
- With Exchanges/replacements, it is necessary that we must first receive the merchandise.
- Exchanges are allowed within 20 days of purchase for defective items only.
- Professional installation is recommended on all of our products.
UNI-CHIP SPECIFIC WARRANTY INFORMATION:
- ALL hardware concerns should be directed to UNI-CHIP NA
*EURO+DRIVE®/EUROCOMPULSION® LLC Specific Liability:
- Some items used and/or installed by EUROCOMPULSION®/EURO+DRIVE® may void portions of your vehicle's factory warranty. Some items may not be legal for "on highway use". EUROCOMPULSION®/EURO+DRIVE® make NO guarantees to the legality of any parts used for "on highway vehicles".
*EURO+DRIVE® TRANSFER FEES:
- $375 Fee will be required to transfer the hardware from one vehicle to another (IE Sale or Transfer to your new vehicle/old vehicle needs to be flashed to STOCK)
- $300 Fee will be required from a non-turbo model to a turbo based model/must be SAME owner (IE FIAT 500/DART to ABARTH/500L/DART)
- $200 Fee will be required from a turbo model to a turbo model/must be SAME owner (IE 2012 ABARTH to 2013 ABARTH)
- $249 Transfer Fee for Clone Units (Alfa Romeo 4C)
- $549 Transfer Fee For Giulia/ Stelvio 2.0L Units
PROTECT YOURSELF: MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT
CAN A DEALER VOID YOUR WARRANTY? THE M&M ACT EXPLAINED.
If you’re an auto enthusiast, chances are, you’ve heard the myth that modding your ride with aftermarket accessories automatically cancels your warranty. While this may be true in certain circumstances, you shouldn’t take this as an absolute. According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of or contributed to the failure of the vehicle (15 U.S.C. 2302 (C)). This means that a vehicle's warranty cannot be "voided;" the dealer can only deny a claim if the stock part failed due to damage or unreasonable use.
When accessorizing your vehicle with aftermarket parts, your warranty claim cannot be automatically denied, nor can your warranty be voided, if you install non-OEM parts in your vehicle. The burden is on the dealer to prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure. For example, if your windshield wiper motors fail, your vehicle’s warranty claim can’t be denied because you installed aftermarket windshield wipers that are different from OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts. Similarly, if a wheel bearing fails or a fan belt snaps and you have an aftermarket exhaust installed, the dealership would have to prove the exhaust system caused the bearing failure or the belt to snap in order to deny a warranty claim. In these types of scenarios, the dealership should have no reason to deny your claims.
In addition to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, you also have SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) working to protect your rights. Because SEMA represents U.S. aftermarket wholesalers, retailers, distributors and manufacturers, they often keep car manufacturers in check by supporting legislation that prevents dealership service providers from denying warranty coverage. This means dealerships have become less stringent when it comes to aftermarket parts that modify performance or suspension.
STAY SAFE, TIPS & TRICKS
At Eurocompulsion®, we only sell reputable brands that thoroughly test their products to ensure your vehicle stays in “the safe zone." Most of our performance parts are bolt-ons, which give you nice performance gains without requiring major modifications or internal engine work. In all reality, you shouldn’t have any problems due to installation of the parts we sell. But, here are a few pointers to avoid some potential pitfalls.
Make sure you install the part properly. Carefully follow the installation guides and make sure you check any tolerances. Educate yourself on the parts you’re installing; that’s half the fun of working on your vehicle. If the part is outside your comfort zone, have a professional install it for you.
If you need to go to the dealership for any type of warranty issue, choose them wisely, as they will vary in how they handle warranty claims. Check the Internet for reviews to see how they handle problems. If you’ve modified your vehicle with performance parts, it’s always best to work with a dealer that is performance-oriented. In smaller towns, you may not have a choice of dealerships, but rest assured that you’re still protected by the law. Also, if you have a performance tuner installed, it's not a bad idea to program your vehicle back to stock to ensure the dealer doesn’t accidentally reprogram your ride. Simply arm yourself with the knowledge contained on this page, and go in with a smile. No service department wants to deal with (or help) an irate customer. If they don’t want to cover your claim, simply ask them to prove what caused the failure and get it in writing. Remember, legally, you’re protected under the Magnuson-Moss Act.
HISTORY OF THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT
Passed in 1975, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is a federal law that governs warranties on consumer products. Under this Act, sellers and manufacturers of consumer products must provide consumers with detailed information about warranty coverage. Sponsored by Senator Warren G. Magnuson of Washington and U.S. Representative John E. Moss of California, this Act affects both the obligations of warrantors and the rights of consumers under written warranties.
PURPOSE OF THE WARRANTY ACT
The Act’s purpose is to help consumers understand their products’ warranties and to make these warranties enforceable. In essence, this statute was created to protect consumers from deceptive warranty practices and provide clarity regarding warranties on consumer products. To comply with the Magnuson-Moss Act, consumers should obtain complete information about warranty items and conditions and compare warranty coverage before any purchase. The Act also provides the Federal Trade Commission with a better means to protect consumers, while strengthening the incentive for companies to perform their warranty obligations in a thorough and timely manner. While all consumer products are not required to have warranties, if one is given, it must comply with the Magnuson-Moss Act.
LEGAL INFORMATION/GENERAL LIABILITY AGREEMENT:
- All items are sold as strictly RACE/OFF ROAD USE ONLY.
- We are not liable for any damages occurred due to the use/installation of our products, In addition all products not manufactured by FIAT should be considered experimental in design and use.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all products sold by EUROCOMPULSION® LLC are designated Race Only and are solely for competition/off road use limited to racing formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, may be in violation of local, state, and Federal laws. EUROCOMPULSION® LLC does not implicitly or explicitly confirm the legality of using any products it sells on public roads; that is entirely the responsibility of the consumer.
- If you do NOT understand the above information please do NOT use OR purchase the product.
- By purchasing any item from EUROCOMPULSION® LLC, you are agreeing to all the above/below terms/conditions, whether the item is purchased via a 3rd party site or location, example: Another Website/Vendor/Dealership.
- With all that being said, we want you to be HAPPY with your purchase and we can choose to work with an individual if certain criteria are met, we do NOT work with scammers or fly-by nighters, we know who you are and how you operate. We decide that criteria. We have an extremely high customer service ratings and do our very best to maintain that, because without the customer/client we do not exist. We humbly accept this fact.
ALL ABOVE TERMS ARE ABSOLUTELY NON-NEGOTIABLE.