POWER BOOSTER (ALFA ROMEO GIULIA/STELVIO 2.0L)
The EC Power Booster piggyback system is a simple, more affordable alternative to ECU tuning. However, piggyback systems are not as comprehensive as ECU tuning, given that it only connects and manipulates boost sensors. It is nonetheless effective, and can add beneficial power to your vehicle (up to 20% more boost!) while still being reliable and maintaining factory warranty on the ECU.
It's easy to install, it's effective, and leaves no trace once it's removed. It's not VIN locked and can be transferred from one car to another assuming the cars are of the same type.There are a lot of piggybacks on the market for the Alfa Romeo 2.0L, so what sets this one apart?
- It's easy to install! The EC Power Booster only needs to connect to two sensors, both of which are easy to get too.
- It offers tremendous performance! Even under less than ideal conditions, this product can put the 2.0L Giulia into the high 12's in the quarter-mile, and the Stelvio into the high 13's. In both cases, these times are about a ½ a second quicker than stock.*
- Affordable price - This is a high-quality unit, but at a low price. Its performance is solid making it one of the very best and also very affordable products on the market for these cars.
- Once removed, there are no traces that the EC Power Booster was ever installed!
- Boost changes are as easy as pushing a button on the included controller! All EC Power Boosters come with three pre-loaded tunes that add boost at increasing levels, and a fourth slot that has no effect on boost so your car can still run stock when desired. These modes on the controller are labeled as normal(stock), street, sport, and race. Changing from one to another is as easy as pushing a button on the included controller.
- The EC Power Booster can be sent back in for custom programming! If you are switching to race fuel, or performing some other modifications that require specialized tuning, the EC Power Booster can be reprogrammed one time at no charge.
- The EC Power Booster can be set up to be compatible with flash tuning! In other words: if you decide to upgrade later to a flash tune, most piggybacks on the market become paperweights. Not so with the EC Power Booster! You can send it back in and we can set it up for flash tune compatibility. Typically that means we would adjust it so that the three settings would add about ½, 1.0, and 1.5psi so that small amounts of boost can be added to a flash tune if desired. Obviously, you should discuss this with your tuner in terms of temperature limits and fuel types this would require. As a general rule, most tuners don't set things up on the ragged edge, so on a cold day, or with an effective octane booster adding 1.5 pounds of boost will be fine. Again this is an option which should be discussed with your tuner.
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L (all)
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0L (all)
Installation Instructions: HERE
*At the time of this writing this product has a best ¼ mile time (using the Dragy app) of 12.41 at 110.65mph. Its best 1/8th mile is 8.02 and the best 0-60 is 4.19s! With a 1 foot roll out as the magazines use it did 0-60 in 3.96s! Now that said, these times were done on a VERY cold day with a very low density altitude. There was no tail wind (which can have a big effect on trap speed) but it was cold. However, the 12.91 time and other runs in the high 12's have been done under more realistic and normal conditions. All Stelvio times are with Eurocompulsion V2 Intake. Giulia times are with the EC V2 Intake, GFB DV+, Centerline Competizione Exhaust, Centerline Downpipe, and the EC Stuffed Big Turbo.