V1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM (ALFA ROMEO GIULIA/STELVIO 2.9L QV)
EUROCOMPULSION® is pleased to present the V1 Air Induction System (Intake) for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA/STELVIO QV 2.9L Twin Turbo. The V1 Induction Kit replaces the factory plastic intake pipes in favor of larger diameter silicone piping, utilizing our premium 4ply Silicone with KEVTEK reinforcement and construction. Our high quality silicone offers more efficient flow and retains cooler air temperatures going into the turbo. This kit is completely PLUG & PLAY.
Our V1 is constructed with a rigid, wire-reinforced skeleton and 5 total layers of heavy duty silicone built to withstand thermal absorption of engine bay heat and pressure. The V1 contains larger diameter piping throughout, with multiple transitions up to the inlet to maximize air flow. This stepped design, which is different than standard metal or carbon fiber piping, provides laminar flow while reducing air turbulence. The smoothed interior walls and extremely low thermal conductivity of our silicone will provide cooler and denser air to the turbo inlet increasing engine efficiency and power output. Decreased restrictions allow for higher flow volume and significantly reduced pressure loss. The V1 design also allows for slightly louder turbo noises and audible whooshes.
- Through lower temperatures and increased flow, this intake provides 14WHP & 17WTQ when combined with our EUROCOMPULSION Hi Flow Drop in Filter for the Giulia/Stelvio QV. Up to 25whp when combined with a EURO+DRIVE ECU tune.
- The V1 Intake system lowered intake air temperatures by 16% over the stock intake at wide open throttle.
The EC drop-in air filter utilizes an advanced filter media that improves flow by an average of 10-12% over similar style filters. This filter media filters media down to 5 microns. EUROCOMPULSION filters are created in-house, and feature a non-woven dry cotton pleat, designed as a sheet to offer sustainable filter longevity for superior filtration, and increased flow/performance. Can be run dry or oiled.
Included with this kit are (2) V1 Intake pieces, (2) machined EVAP venturi pieces with associated silicone hoses, and clamps. Available in Red or Black. Also available with our EUROCOMPULSION Hi Flow Drop in Filter, the BMC Filter, or no filter.
- Increased Power Output (14whp/17wtq with drop in filter)
- Reduced Air Intake Temperatures (16% lower than the stock system)
- Increased Air Density at the turbo Inlet
- Reduced Pressure Losses in the intake tract
- Increased diameter transitions for more air volume
- Stepped transitional design for increased laminar flow and decreased turbulence
- Maintains all factory emissions and vacuum routing
- Easy Installation, no alteration to vehicle required
- Will NOT trigger Check Engine Lights
- New Machined EVAP Venturi
- Increased Aesthetics
- Uses optional High Flow Air filter, advanced filter media, and filtration
- Easily reversible
- 100% Plug & Play
- Includes all necessary Clamps, Fittings, and Hoses
- World Wide Fitment for the Giulia/Stelvio QV 2.9L Petrol (Gasoline Engines)
- Alfa Romeo Giulia QV 2.9L Twin Turbo (2017-present)
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV 2.9L Twin Turbo (2017-present)
TECHNICAL INFO/DYNO CHARTS: HERE ( or See Tech Info Tab)
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: HERE (or See Installation Tab)
- INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE TESTING
The EC V1 Intake and Stock Intake pieces were tested on single gear pulls (road testing) starting from 2200rpm up to redline. These tests were performed back to back on the same day, and data is compiled from 10 run averages for each intake piece.
- - Ambient Temp = 88F - 90F Average
- - EC V1 Intake = 111F - 113F Average (WOT)
- - Stock Intake = 128F - 132F Average (WOT)
*Testing Note: Temperatures tend to stabilize anywhere from 5-10F above WOT temperature prior to going full throttle (during cruise and part throttle driving).
- DYNO TESTING
Dyno testing was performed on a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV (US Spec) w/91 octane fuel. Modifications were EC V1 Intake and the EC Performance Hi-Flow Filter drop in. Runs were done back to back with stock intake switched out on the dyno.