The following guidelines are instructions for installation of the EC Power Booster for all Fiat 1.4L Multiair turbo equipped vehicles.
PARTS FOR INSTALLATION:
- EC Power Booster Box
- Vehicle Specific Harness
- Control panel
- 3M sticky pads for mounting
- Zip ties for cleaning up harness wires
The following wire routing and box mounting are recommended (and where we found the most convenient locations). You are free to mount the box and run the wiring in any location you prefer. The provided harness length should be long enough to reach many locations.
1. Disconnect your negative battery terminal.
2. Remove the engine cover & air box. This will make getting to the sensors much easier.
3. Once shielding is removed you will locate the boost sensor in the picture below. It will have a gray tab that will need to be pulled back slightly. You can do this by using a flat head screw driver and rotating until you here a click. Pinch the tab you just moved and the sensor will move freely.
Locate the (A BOOST SENSOR) side of the harness and plug into the sensor you just removed. Plug the factory wiring back into the female side of the Power Booster harness.
4. Locate the pressure sensor on the manifold. This sensor is shown in the photo below. This has a similar connection and a flat head can pull the tab then grab and free the sensor.
Locate the (B MAP SENSOR) side of the piggy back harness and plug into the pressure sensor that was just connected. Then plug the factory wiring back into the female side of the piggy back harness.
5. Once the two connections are secured you can find a place to locate the box that best suits your needs. Try to avoid any spots that come in direct contact with water or heat. Double sided tape is provided.
6. Next we will route the control panel for the box. It is the smaller connection of the two on the box. You will need to locate a pass through in the engine bay. We used this spot pictured below which is on the driver's side of the car. It allowed us to get right under the dash.
8. You can locate the control panel in a place that best suits you. We like to attach it to the dash behind the steering wheel using the provided double-sided tape.
9. Reconnect battery and be sure to check that everything has power before reassembling interior pieces and engine covers. The control panel will display red lights indicating it has power.
Go back over your installation and make sure there is not any loose wires or locations where the wires can be touching hot surfaces in the engine bay. We recommend using zip ties to secure the wires to other factory harnesses to maintain rigidity.