CAE ULTRA SHORT SHIFTER (124 SPIDER/ABARTH)
The ultimate short shift unit for your 124 Abarth! Simply unmatched by anything else on the market. This is the ultimate setup, both for spirited street driving, or race applications. With a balanced feel, short throws, and perfect placement near the steering wheel, this is a true race style shift unit you will not be disappointed with.
We personally run these units on our shop 500 Abarth and 124 Spider.
- Manufactured in Germany
- CNC & Lazer Cut Anodized Aluminum
- Designed on and for the 124 SPIDER & 124 ABARTH
- Get shorter, precise shifting
- Racing Design and Sleek Style
- Balanced Ergonomics in feel and utility
- Perfect positioning of the shift lever - close to the steering wheel
- Shift pattern confined to approx. 65 x 55 mm
- Reverse Gear Lock Out like the stock unit
- Low weight and High stability
- Milled and Lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminum alloy
- Substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminum
- Parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress
- Integrated center position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when shifting
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately
- Simple installation with the complete conversion kit
|Total height:||approx. 300 mm|
|Total length:||approx. 130 mm|
|Dimensions of base plate:||approx. 120 x 85 mm|
|Shifting travel:||approx. 65 mm|
|Selector travel (transverse direction):||approx. 55 mm|
|Weight (complete):||approx. 1,05 kg|
|Offset of the gear lever knop (back / up):||depending on vehicle type approx. 0 / 100 mm|
- Aluminum (Uncoated)
- Black (Anodized) (Additional Fees apply)
- Grey (Anodized) (Additional Fees apply)
SHIFT KNOB COLORS:
- White (Plastic Composite)
- Black (Plastic Composite)
CAE Ultra Shifter for FIAT 124 Spider with 6 Speed Gearbox
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern.
- The clutch system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterised by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 55 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminium alloy
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated centre position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Complete pre mounted shifter for direct mounting to the gearbox with all small parts and fastening material.
- Shifters is intended for vehicles with Center console, it have to be modified sligthly
- Surface and shift knob selectable in different versions, optional against extra charge wrapped with grey alcantara with blue or red X-seam
You will need to either remove a portion of your plastic trim that surrounds the factory shifter or modify it. See pictures and instructions for details.
- CAE INSTALLATION GUIDE - (NOTE: Originally for the Miata ND. You DO NOT need to trim the upper trans sleeve or bracket, new ones are supplied)
- EUROCOMPULSION GUIDE (Coming Soon)